North Middlesex Fire Services are provided through trained volunteer personnel out of two fire hall locations (Ailsa Craig & Parkhill). The Fire services are supported by a part-time Fire Chief.
Fire Station Locations:
Ailsa Craig Station:
159 William St, Ailsa Craig
194 Parkhill Main St, Parkhill
Fire Inspection Services & Complaints
- Middlesex Centre Fire Services offers fire safety inspections on a request and a complaint basis on behalf of the municipalities of Middlesex Centre, Thames Centre and North Middlesex.
- It is the municipality's responsibility to ensure fire safety inspections are conducted upon complaint, request, and as necessary to meet the mandatory requirements of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997 (FPPA) and associated regulations.
- Inspection requests can be submitted through the Municipality of Middlesex Centre's online form or by contacting the Fire Inspection Officer.
Open Air Burns
- Controlled burns need to be approved by the Fire Chief prior to burning.
- Please contact Greg Vandenheuvel at 519-294-6244 ext 235, or 519-494-6001 (cell).
- Open Burns regulations and fine schedule are subject to our [Open Air Burn By-Law}
- Please allow up to 24 hours for a return call and permission to burn.
- Please have the 911 address of the location of the burn.
- You are required to contact Fire Dispatch in Strathroy at 519-245-1300 or 1-844-220-1300 before the burn, and when the fire is out.
For more information view
In accordance with the Emergency Management Act RSO 1990, Chapter E. 9 as amended, the municipality is required to conform to standards set out by Emergency Management Ontario in accordance with international best practices, including the four core components of emergency management, namely:
- response and
- The North Middlesex Fire Department is not recruiting at this time.
- Inquiries regarding firefighter recruitment can be made through the Fire Chief