Waste Transfer Station
The Waste Transfer Station is located at 395 Victoria Street, Parkhill ON. This service is limited to residents of North Middlesex only. There is a minimum rate of $10.00. Any amount past the minimum is charged at a rate of $10.00 per cubic yard.
If you require an off-hour opening there is a fee of $50.00 plus cubic yard charge (minimum 24hrs notice is required). Only available during Public Works regular scheduled work hours (7:00 am - 3:00 p.m).
- There will be a limit of three (3) individual/vehicles on-site at any given time
- Dump fees will be collected
- Residents are encouraged to bring exact CASH to avoid unnecessary exchanges
- Staff will be on-site to give general direction
Transfer Station- Acceptable Materials
- E-Waste (Electronics) Bin on site.
- Tires, Brush, potted plants, leaves in paper bags. The owner is responsible to dump leaves out of plastic bags.
- Appliances: Dehumidifiers, dishwashers, stoves, bbq’s, fridge, stoves, washer, dryers. Metal material-doors must be removed from appliances Note: Appliances containing refrigerants must have a Certification Tag attached stating that it has been drained of freon gas regardless if the compressor has been removed.
- Renovation Material: Carpet, plywood, vinyl siding, metal doors, toilet, wall tile, insulation
- Furniture: Couch, table, chair, steel bed rails
Materials Not Accepted
Materials Not Accepted:
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, used oil, paint, shingles, asphalt, drywall, animal waste, spoiled grain, tree stumps
- HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE, batteries, plaster, Fluorescent Light Bulbs.
Residents may drop off hazardous household waste free-of-charge at the City of London's Household Special Waste Depot.
City of London - Household Special Waste Depot
3502 Manning Drive, London (map)
Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed Sundays and Statutory Holidays
Permitted hazardous waste include cleaners, batteries, medicine, compact florescent lights, vehicle fluids, paint, solvents, fertilizers, pesticides, propane tanks. Please label your waste accordingly
For more information about this service, please visit the City of London - Household Special Waste page.
Automated Collection Service
- Waste & Recycling collection is provided by Bluewater Recycling Association (BRA)
- North Middlesex collection dates, materials guide and other information can be found on the North Middlesex Bluewater Recycling Association page.
- For questions regarding waste collection, waste bin replacements/sizes, or other waste collection requests, please contact Bluewater Recycling Association at 1-800-265-9799 ext 243
Bluewater Recycling Association (BRA) Contact Information
Recycle Coach Phone/Web Application
Bluewater Recycling Association offers a web app/phone app called "Recycle Coach"
This application allows residents to access information on waste/recycling collection:
- Select your area from our web app to view your calendar and setup collection reminders to your email!
- By selecting your collection zone, you'll have all this information at your fingertips 24/7.
- Regular and holiday garbage collection days
- Regular and holiday recycling collection days
- Seasonal collections for yard waste and Christmas trees
- Special collection days for bulky items, household hazardous waste, e-waste and more.
- Hours of operation and locations for depots, transfer stations and landfills.
- Customer Service phone numbers