If you are an energetic person interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the Municipality of North Middlesex, please apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume on our website by Wednesday, July 20, 2022, @ 12:00 p.m.
We thank all candidates in advance. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.). Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of the candidate selection.
- As part of the Municipality’s Senior Management Team, participates in setting priorities and implementing the Municipality’s Strategic Plan and the management of corporate goals consistent with Council’s policies, ensuring that all services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Assists the CAO in determining short and long-term organizational planning through design, maintenance and review of all aspects of the department.
- Oversees the Municipality’s infrastructure and capital construction programs; ensures the application of Municipal standards; monitors processes and facilitates the resolution of problematic issues; and directs the development of engineering and operational strategies.
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates administrative and service delivery processes with a view to a “best practices” approach; prepares periodic reports to Council on service delivery changes and program/performance enhancements.
- Makes presentations and provides advice/guidance on plans and strategies related to engineering studies and significant new or pending legislation and regulatory guidelines.
- Makes recommendations on the hiring of consultants and contractors to assist with/undertake major departmental projects/studies as required; monitors their work and administers/oversees the administration of agreements in accordance with Municipal bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual and multi-year budgets and asset management plans within the various sections of the Department to set priorities, allocate resources and deliver results in accordance with the overall organizational strategic vision.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with colleagues, elected officials, external agencies and the community.
- Ensures that Council-approved policies and procedures, including records documentation and retention, are observed and adhered to by all sections and employees within the Infrastructure and Operations Department.
- Attends Council and committee meetings, responds to queries, advises and communicates on infrastructure and operations matters.
- Implements Council directives and decisions with follow-up on implementation and corrective actions as required.
- Oversees maintenance and operations for the Department’s physical assets, and ensures maximum risk management and due diligence is identified and assessed, mitigating potential liability exposure.
- Directs that all transportation and road network components (roads, bridges, equipment, buildings etc.) are in good repair and safe and that supplies are properly inventoried.
- Oversee water and wastewater supply and distribution system components are in good repair and safe and that supplies are properly inventoried.
- Employee performance reviews and appraisals, and encourages employee training for current responsibilities and future succession planning initiatives.
- In conjunction with the CAO and Human Resources, supports and resolves employee disputes and disciplinary matters as they arise from within the department.
- Ensures an inclusive, successful and collaborative organizational culture while supporting a learning environment and positive employee relationships. Encourages all staff to seek efficiencies, continuous improvement and innovation in the operation and services provided by Public Works, Water and Sewer and Drainage.
- Arranges formal and informal communication mechanisms to meet with repeat and regular users of infrastructure and operations to encourage feedback on the quality of services and discuss problems and potential resolutions.
- Ensures a safe and healthy environment for employees and the public.
- An engineering degree or diploma with a Professional Engineering designation (such as P.Eng. or C.E.T.)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a municipal leadership position.
- Knowledge of engineering requirements for technical solutions and maintenance requirements of municipal infrastructure.
- Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence (minimum Class G)
- Computer literacy utilizing word processing, geographic information systems, global positioning systems, spreadsheet and presentation software, and the internet.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Superior project management, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently or on a team working on multiple, complex and diverse projects.
- Salary Range - $102,419.20 - $119,808.00 annually; offering a comprehensive benefits package and participation in OMERS
About North Middlesex
The Municipality of North Middlesex offers both a small urban and a rural countryside experience. Having a history that is firmly rooted in agriculture and farming, North Middlesex is home to 6,700 residents and growing! North Middlesex is known for its diversified, export-focused agricultural sector; two vibrant Downtown commercial centres underpinned by small business and entrepreneurship; and ongoing residential and employment growth supporting an increase in population and economic opportunity. Working within our Strategic Plan to lead, live and invest in a dynamic, inclusive community, and committing to our values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration and Stewardship, the successful candidate is a member of our Senior Staff and will report to the Chief Administrative Officer.