The Municipality of North Middlesex is looking for Canteen Workers for the 2022-23 season to provide food preparation, customer service and perform cleaning maintenance associated with the operation of the concession booth.
All applications must be submitted no later than Tuesday, August 23, 2022 @ 4:30 pm. Kindly submit your resume/cover letter through our website above or complete and return the application form below to @email. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Estimated Start Date: September 9, 2022
- Sell food and beverage products to customers according to the current price schedule.
- Operate hot chocolate, coffee and cappuccino dispensers, popcorn maker, bun warmer, grill, fryer, microwave, and any other concession machines or apparatus.
- Maintain items for sale and ensure they are well displayed.
- Keep concession booth and equipment clean/sanitary and well organized at all times. Open concession booth at beginning of day’s business, as per schedule.
- Communicate to the Concession Co-ordinator as to what stock quantities are needed to maintain an appropriate inventory of items for sale.
- Prepare cash deposit at the end of the shift and close the concession booth.
- During public skating, take tickets at the admission table.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in the food service industry an asset Must obtain a food handle certification or willing to obtain certification Standard first-aid and CPR certification an asset
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, customer service skills and cash handling skills Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
Reports To: Recreation/Facilities Manager
Hours of Work: Part-time hours (includes evenings and weekends)
Positions Supervised: None
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection.